Saturday, February 21

Hahaha!

I woke up earlier than I intended this morning, but I couldn't fall back asleep so I just decided to shower early and get ready to meet MacKenzie in Fremont. A few days ago we made plans to go get pedicures (she lives in Danville; we decided to meet halfway in Fremont).

I got to the place on Washington Blvd about twenty minutes early, and so I just sat in the car listening to music, when she texts me telling me she just woke up and she's sorry but she won't be able to make it. Which is no biggie, I don't mind, except that now I've driven 25 miles out of my way for no reason. So I decide to go ahead and get a pedicure by myself since I was already willing to spend the money. While the lady was painting my nails, I realized I left my cash in the pants pocket I was wearing yesterday, and had no way to pay for a tip. So I paid for the pedicure and explained that I had no cash and needed to make a quick run to the bank. I'm sure they hear that all the time and then have people never come back, but I really did intend to get her that tip.

I knew the closest WaMu was about 2 or 3 miles away, so it took a few minutes to get there, and I planned on going inside to withdraw $5 because when I have extra cash on me it's dangerous - it gets spent pretty quickly. But the line was HUGE, and there was no line by the ATM so I went ahead and withdrew $20, and decided to go to 7-11 to break it. The closest one I knew of was another mile and a half away. So I bought a candy bar and some gum, and then realized I didn't know how to get back to the nail salon from 7-11, but I knew that if I went back to WaMu and then the nail salon that would definitely be going the LONG way around, so I just guessed how to get back. It's not like I've never been to Fremont. So eventually I did get back to the salon, after getting turned around a few times. So this is like half an hour to forty-five minutes later: I went in and went up to the lady with my tip and she looked like she had never seen me before in her life (but then she recognized me).

Wait this is the best part. I drove down Washington to Mission to get back on the freeway to go home, and there was totally a 7-11 down the street from the salon.

Good job, Toni.

No comments:

Post a Comment