Monday, April 13

Homework!

For one homework assignment I had to record myself sharing a brief anecdote, so here you get a scenario that could happen to any typical 5-year-old.


ASL -> English
When I was young, like age 5 or 6, I had this friend from school whose mom had a really thick accent. I'm not sure where she was from but I had a hard time understanding her. I remember one day I was playing over at their house, and at lunch time his mom asked me what I would like. I said, "I don't know, anything is okay." She offered me a sandwich so I said "sure!" She asked what kind, and I thought about it for a bit, and decided on tuna. She then asked if I wanted it grilled, to which I replied "yeah, sure!" and then continued playing. When she brought me my sandwich I looked at it, and then at her, and asked her why it was cooked. She was puzzled and said I told her I wanted a grilled sandwich. I said, "Well, yeah, because I don't want a boy one!" Get it? Because of her accent I thought she had asked if I wanted a girl sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment